YouTube Music is a streaming app for music and videos on YouTube. It is available in both free and premium versions. The premium version, YouTube Music Premium, gives you an ad-free experience, background playback, and downloads for offline listening. Now, does youtube premium include youtube music? Keep reading to find the answer.
So, does YouTube Music come with YouTube Premium?
The simple answer is no. YouTube Music is a separate app from YouTube Premium. However, if you subscribe to YouTube Premium, you will get access to both apps as well as other benefits like ad-free viewing on YouTube and downloading videos for offline viewing.
If you’re just interested in the music streaming aspect of YouTube, then the free version of YouTube Music will suffice. But if you want the fullYouTube experience without ads, then you’ll need to sign up for YouTube Premium.
How to check if your YouTube account has YouTube Music Premium
- Open the YouTube Music app on your mobile device.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Tap on “Paid memberships.”
- If you see “YouTube Music Premium,” that means you have a current subscription. If not, then you will need to sign up for YouTube Music Premium in order to enjoy its benefits.
What are the benefits of YouTube Music Premium?
YouTube Music Premium gives you a few key benefits over the free version of YouTube Music. These include:
- Ad-free listening: You can listen to music on YouTube Music without having to watch any ads.
- Background playback: You can keep listening to music even if you leave the app or turn your screen off.
- Downloads for offline listening: You can download songs and albums for offline listening. This is especially useful if you’re going to be somewhere without an Internet connection.
- Access to YouTube Originals: You’ll get access to exclusive shows and movies from YouTube creators that you can’t watch anywhere else.
Does YouTube Music work with Google Play Music?
Yes, you can use both YouTube Music and Google Play Music side by side. In fact, if you’re a current Google Play Music subscriber, you’ll get access to YouTube Music Premium as part of your subscription at no additional cost.
Your Google Play Music library will also be imported into YouTube Music when you first sign up. So, you won’t lose any of your existing music when you switch to YouTube Music.
How to cancel YouTube Music Premium?
YouTube Music Premium is a great way to get ad-free, uninterrupted music streaming. However, there may come a time when you need to cancel your subscription. Whether you’re switching to another service or simply don’t want to use YouTube Music anymore, here’s how to cancel your Premium account:
First, open the YouTube Music app on your device. Then, tap on your profile picture in the top right corner and select “Settings.” Next, scroll down and tap on “Membership.” Finally, tap on “Cancel Membership” and confirm that you want to cancel.
Once you’ve canceled your Premium membership, you’ll still be able to use YouTube Music for free with ads. If you decide later that you want to sign up for Premium again, you can always do so from within the app.